Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Where We've Been and Where We're Going

In a previous I mentioned a goal of visiting (and I define visiting be sleeping in a place at least one night) 40 countries and 40 US states by the time I turn 40. I wanted to take this time to catch you up on where we've been and where we're going. Today date I have visited only 3 other countries and 21 US states. As you can see I have a ways to go on this journey. The good news is you caught me right at the beginning and can following along the entire way as I set out to conquer my goal.

Countries Visited
Costa Rica
Jamaica
Mexico
Canada

States Visited
Alabama
Arizona
California
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina,
Tennessee (where it all began)
Texas
Virginia

I figured it would be better to show you better than tell you so below are links to my two other blogs that were written while on our journeys. The first blog covers our time in Jamaica, where we lived for three months while I completed a Fulbright. The second blog covers our time living in our old RV and traveling from our home in North Carolina to New Brunswick Canada.

Three months in Jamaica: http://christinabentonbrooks.blogspot.com/
Road trip to Canada: http://brooksfamilyrving.blogspot.com/

Ok, so where are we going? We have a pretty jammed packed schedule ahead of us.

In just 5 days we are heading to Costa Rica to enjoy some beach and rain forest adventures. When we return we will have just 10 days to recover from all of the excitement before we pack up and head out on our three month cross country RV tour. When we return from zigzagging the country we will then have 10 days to rest and recover before we hope on a plane to Iceland. We will tour the city of Reykjavik for a couple of days before we hope on the plane and head to London. London will be a whirlwind as we will only be there for three days. We plan to stay in the Gatwick area where we will take the tube into London where we will very much be tourist. The next day we will take the tube down to Brighton to see the coast. The third day is unplanned and we will just see what happens. We will fly back to Iceland where we will spend another 5 days touring the country. In June we will fly to Oslo, Norway. We will explore the area for a couple of days before we catch a flight from there to Milan, Italy. We will seek serenity around Lake Como before we drive over into Switzerland for a couple of days. We will then fly back to Norway to catch a train into Sweden. After Sweden we will fly to Romania for five days. This trip is both a work and pleasure trip. I will assist with the analysis of skeletal material while I'm there and I am very very excited about that. We will fly back to Norway from Romania where we will spend a couple of days before flying home. Whew! I'm exhausted just typing all of that lol.

That is as far as our plans go for now... I do keep getting these great hits to all of these amazing places. A deal to Osaka, Japan just came across my phone and it is taking a lot of restraint to not hit the buy button. A trip to Dubai was presented to me and I just had to walk away lol. There are so many amazing places I want to visit and I am excited to get there!



We’ll see you around the globe ;-)

Follow me on Instagram: www.instagram.com/nomadicmama3/

No comments:

Post a Comment