Monday, December 14, 2015

And So It Begins!

Hello! Welcome to our blog. We are so excited you have decided to join us on this amazing journey. If you are joining us from our RV travel blog, thank you. This is where we will post our entire RV adventure so that you can follow along. 

For everyone else joining us please let me update you on what this RV adventure as well as our international travel is all about.

Here is the post from the RV blog that will hopefully fill in the gaps:

It is with great pleasure (and much relief) that I announce that we are getting back on the road. If you remember from my last post that was many months ago I told you how things happened in such a way that forced us to stay put. Ironically, those same situations that forced us to stay are now allowing us to go. I won't bore you with all of the details but will say that we will have 20 months of pure, unadulterated freedom.

We will be on the road from January through at least March. We have it planned through March anyway, but unless we are forced to return to Charlotte due to unforeseen circumstances we will be rolling. This will be the longest time we have been on the road.
The kids and I have already mapped our route. The ultimate goal is to get to California, to go coast to coast. We plan to do that via Florida with a stop in the Keys for a week. From there we will push back up the gulf coast of Florida until we hit the I-10. We will ride the I-10 all the way west stoping to see some amazing things along the way.
I won't continue to ramble on now but stay tuned for more on our journey, coast to coast.

But wait! There’s more. Now on top of this awesome road trip we are taking we are also including several international adventures.

About a month ago as I sat reflecting the past year and contemplating the one forthcoming, a strong urge came over me to update my vision board. In so doing I was able to really hone in on what was important to me. Travel rose to the top of that priority list again and again (outside of my children and mine health and well being of course). That’s when I decided to act. No more talking about it but being about it. That brings us to where we are today… cleaning house and packing for our week long trip to Costa Rica. 

How did Costa Rica get involved in all of this you ask? Well I don’t really know but I am super excited to go. After I decided that travel was on the top of my list and I decided that I wanted 40/40/40 (40 states and 40 countries by age 40) I knew that in order to make that happen I had to start booking trips. Costa Rica had been on my bucket list for a long time, ever since my now ex husband and I wanted to go there for our honeymoon but couldn’t afford it. So that is where I started. A place that I imagined was easy to travel to (I have no idea if that is true or not) since it is now just me traveling with my kids and a place that was on my bucket list. 

After staring at the booking confirmation page on the screen for what felt like an eternity I pulled the trigger and hit the enter button. There! It was done. The first trip booked and we leave on my birthday no less. What better way to start this year of travel then on my birthday. So there you have it… our 2016 year of travel has been manifest and is about to begin.

So again, thank you for joining us on this fantastic journey... We’ll see you around the globe ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment